Friday, October 28, 2016

Dinner Was Absolutely Delish!

http://www.salon.com/
My father did an about face and cooked chili tonight. He also cooked a small pan of cornbread for me as well. I just slathered one piece of cornbread with butter. Boy, did that hit the spot after a few seconds in the microwave.

Now, Martha, in her heyday, could make the best tasting cornbread you could ever eat and I am not exaggerating. The crust was extra crunchy and the insides were smooth as silk and creamy. Most recipes for cornbread are to dry for my tastes.

Back to the Parental Parlays...

"Your mother is being pushy and bossy tonight," my father told me with a sneer. "She told me that I shouldn't keep you waiting so long for your medications."

Well, mom had a very good and valid point. It can be 10 PM sometimes when my father arrives. All my father is doing is watching last week's Auburn game for the tenth time. 4th Quarter ends and here he comes.

"Is she having a big hair day?" I then asked laughing.

"Of course," my father replied. "Her appointment at the hair salon was 2 PM."

We moved on from the initial pleasantries and vagaries of life to tasks that needed to be done for my mental wellness and Maggie's bottomless stomach. I complained to my father that these new generic Klonopin pills are very hard to swallow. They've changed the shape yet once again.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I had chili too...with lots of beans..LOL