Monday, October 24, 2016

Play it Again, Sam!

https://www.thrillist.com
I won't elaborate too much (well, maybe a bit) because the journey was mostly a routine grocery trip. They had everything I wanted except they were out of frosted flakes both Kroger and Kellogg's. I sighed loudly and moved onto the next item on my list. I can be forgiving, ya know? One malfeasance is not going to kill me.

Jermaine was just around the corner in the cold cuts section and immediately asked me how "Alec" (my brother) was doing. I was hoping to dash by unscathed and unnoticed.

"They've settled in nicely into their  new home in Auburn," I replied to Jermaine as he ran over my toe with his hov-a-round motorized cart.

It was now my turn to checkout. I found my father reading a magazine and "taking in" everything that was in my cart. My father chastised for me getting too many "sweets" to eat and not enough "substantial" food. I reminded him that you only live once and I shall live it up these last few years of my life.

Paige was working tonight! Whee! Ah Bless! She is our favorite cashier and a total class act. Bless her soul, she is also very opinionated lady. Dad calls her a straight shooter.

"Baby, you need to start cooking for yourself," she told me with my father nodding his head agreeably.

"I want him to cook those frozen meals in the microwave," my father told Paige. "He needs more vegetables in his diet."

Aw shucks! What could I say?

I had an interesting impulse buy tonight. I got a quart of Southern Comfort egg nog. My father had to check the label carefully to make sure there was no real alcohol involved. I chuckled as dad and I walked out of Kroger headed for our cars.

No comments: