Monday, October 10, 2016

Fastest Grocery Trip, Evah!

https://www.krispykreme.com
I was very proud of my shopping efforts tonight. Everything went in the way I had foretold and expected. I only spent $72 dollars much to my father's approval.

"If you get around $60 to $70 of groceries, then I am happy with it."

My father, the poor soul, had to work on his day off. He was in good spirits, though, with much funny banter between the each of us.

This is why he can't drink wine during the work week as they may have an emergency at the pharmacy and may need for my father come in and to man the helm. The tendrils of responsibility haven't loosening their grip just yet.

Expedient and Expedited Grocery Shopping...

http://www.cutsquash.com/
Yes, it was one of my fastest Monday night grocery trips ever. It would have been quicker if dad didn't have to shake the dew off his lily mid-shopping in the bathroom. I patiently waited up front to give him time to tinkle and to do his business.

"Do you need some help sir?" I kept getting asked.

"My father is in the bathroom," I replied to them. "We will check out when he gets back."

I had carefully plotted each item on this week's list and had a plan on where to go next. This cuts down on my impulse spending a great deal.

"It took you ten minutes to shop!" my father said warily. "Let me see what you are getting."

I started to show my father what I bought.

"They were out of my usual frosted flakes and I had to buy two big boxes of name brand cereal.  The four large DiGiourno supreme pizzas alone should feed me for most of a week," I told my father rather defensively and on guard.

"What did you get for your sweet items tonight?" he asked.

"Bananas and two boxes of creme filled and chocolate coated doughnuts," I replied.

Dad likes sweets for breakfast and noted that the creme filled chocolate doughnuts looked really delicious.

3 comments:

skinny minny said...

Do you use the kroger card? get points for fuel? do you ever use coupons? they now have digital coupons on the kroger website that you can download to your card. Easy peasy to use. you add them to your card and then get the item it automatically deducts the coupon. Hardest part for me is remembering which coupons I have. I use my app on my phone for that...but you can print up your coupon list too...

diana said...

Love my fuel points. If you buy gift cards on the weekend you can get double fuel points. My neighbour will buy a Home Depot gift card if he needs something there and get Kroger fuel points then use the gift card to make his purchases at Home Depot :-)

glittermom said...

Hope your $72 bought enough so you don't run out of food again. About time to cook something?