Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hurry Up and Wait!

Dad always says that to fit in with the army you have to learn how to hurry up and wait. That is what I am doing tonight. That same routine. I am also sure he was scared of having to go to Vietnam and fight the Vietcong as well. He was just out of college and newly married to my mother when war broke out.

"Hurry up and wait" is a humorous phrase used to refer to the situation in which one is forced to hurry in order to complete a certain task, or arrive at a certain destination, by a specified time; only for nothing to happen at that time, often because other required tasks are still awaiting completion."

I've just arrived home from my parent's house. I was picking up my daily allotment of cigars and Cokes. I hurried home hoping I wouldn't miss my fathers arrival. If I wasn't home, then he would probably think the worst.

He Must Be Dead Somewhere...

The fajitas were extraordinarily good tonight. They are finally learning that fajitas must be cooked until they are properly done and not to use a mountain of onion in the process. Boy, my stomach in for a treat tonight in heartburn city. 

No comments: