Thursday, October 06, 2016

The Almost Colossal Blunder...

http://automobiles.honda.com/pilot
Mom walked around her car this morning so I could take the driver's seat. We were both still half asleep. It was a quiet drive to Dr. Etherton's dentistry practice -- mom and I both enjoying our morning's solace.

"You okay?" I asked my mother as I patted her on the knee.

"I am just half asleep," she replied. "And I really don't want to do this."

That didn't sound like our esteemed Secretary who normally adores appointments. Someone stole her mojo this morning.

I sat in the parking lot waiting on my mother to reemerge as mom's cellphone started to ring up to a dozen rings. I finally answered it. Any more rings and I would have gone crazy -- my skin crawling from the shrill sound of that phone.

"You've got to get your injection this morning!" my father said with an air of panic to his voice. "I forgot you were taking your mother to the dentist."

"I'll stop by the pharmacy, get the injection, and then sleepyhead and I will head on home," I told my father. "There is no need to panic. Mom can sit in the car."

The shot would've only taken ten minutes except that my illustrious Nurse, Rebecca, wanted me to walk out into the parking lot to see her new car. There sat a beautiful blue 2016 Honda Pilot.

"I told you to get a Honda!" I said with a delightful laugh. "It is a beautiful car, Rebecca."




2 comments:

skinny minny said...

do you have a cellphone? If so set a reminder for your appointments. You can also put one on the computer.... that way you and your dad dont forget

glittermom said...

I just mark my calander ,works better for me.dont always check phone...