Sunday, October 09, 2016

The Great Grand Conspiracy...

There must something in the water last night and this morning as several members of my family acted strangely yesterday and moments ago. It seems as if my family is conspiring to keep me aggravated, worried and awake. Dad with his depressed and somber mood as he is usually rambunctious and loud. Especially so since Auburn beat Mississippi State yesterday. He should be overjoyed. Then my mother just called me and woke me up at 4:00 am.

"What time is it?" my mother asked me sleepily over the phone with an unsteadiness to her voice..

I always think something really bad has happened within the family when mom calls at such an ungodly hour.

"It is 4 am in the morning," I told her. "And I will never get back to sleep now. Do you remember that dad had steamed asparagus and grilled fillets last night?"

"Oh yeah," she says. "I am starting to remember now."

"Now Martha?" I asked. "Just what are you doing up this early?"

"I've got my days and nights mixed up," she told me.

"How many Xanax have you had?" I then carefully asked my mother not wanting to offend her..

"I only had a few and they are about to run out," she told me seemingly panicked. "I don't know what I am going to do when I no longer have so many of them. Will I have more panic and anxiety attacks?"

The odds are stacked high against me when it comes to getting a full night's rest these days. Mom then said she was going to hang up and try to get some more sleep.

No comments: