Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Disaster Averted...


I woke up in a severe panic this morning. It was 8:00 am in the morning and Lopez Landscaping and his Guatemalan crew were manicuring my shrubs, blowing leaves, and cutting the grass. "Shit! Do they have to come so early?" is what I mumbled to myself as I struggled to pull on some shoes and clothes after a rude awakening.

Then I looked out the backdoor in the laundry room and they had both gates to the backyard open. My dear Maggins was sitting under the pecan tree in the backyard barking her fool head off trying to save us from these evil intruders.

I got both fences closed before Maggie could escape. It scared the bejeebus out of me something terrible, though. I rushed outside to tell them to skip cutting the backyard this week. They come every Tuesday and should know the routine by now. They usually tell me that they are here and I can get Maggie inside with the allure of people food and I promptly lock the dog door.

"Man, we've already got the backyard cut," said the one ruffian looking fellow with the leaf blower.

I explained the situation to him and he profusely apologized to me in broken English. All's well that ends well I guess.

No comments: