Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Dark Silky Veil of Night Envelops Us This Evening...


Mom called me asked me if she could bring me my drinks and something to smoke.

"Oh no!" I said alarmed and sounding rushed. "You stay at y'all's house. I will be right over to get them."

Maggie ran out into the yard to help prepare and pave the way for my journey and the drive. She was barking up a storm. I know the Magster must wonder what I do on these little short trips.

I've been lax about procuring the drinks and smokes for the past few days and this worries my mother and bothers her obsessive compulsive tendencies. We had to nip that problem in the bud quickly, or my mother would be driving over to my house at dusk. The most dangerous time to drive.

Well hell, I am no better than my mother. I about can't see well enough at night to drive the short jaunt to my mother's house as well. The road going by the police station is terribly lit and needs new traffic lines and lanes painted.

The next few tips are provided by No Shit Sherlock, inc.

Avoid nighttime glare.
  1. Try not to look at oncoming headlights. ...
  2. Reduce glare by using the day-night feature on your rearview mirror (it's the little flipper tab beneath it).
  3. Keep your windshield squeaky clean and have plenty of windshield spray in the tank.

Night Driving | Esurance

https://www.esurance.com/info/car/driving-at-night

No comments: