Thursday, October 20, 2016

This Injection Can Sneak Up On Me...

The phone started ringing early this morning in the computer room. The phone rang three times which meant I was to call my father back on his cell phone asap. He was driving to work.

"Your shot is this morning," he said timidly -- worried about how I would react to this little surprise.

I then looked at the clock and Kamath Medical would be open in thirty minutes.

"You were sound asleep weren't you?" he asked.

He probably thinks I might pitch a temper tantrum much like Horsefly does when he bowls a gutter bowl.

"I will buy you a good breakfast to sweeten the pot," my father also told me.

I guess one of the best ways to a man's heart is through his empty stomach.

I hurriedly put on some extra strength Irish Spring deodorant and slightly wrinkled clothes right out of the dryer (at least they were clean). I combed my hair like I just didn't care. I then headed to the pharmacy with my Ray Bans blocking a bright, morning sun. I had no idea it was injection time this morning as I slept. That should be my responsibility and not my fathers.  We seem to have a makeshift system, though, and it works for us.

Charlie's wife was sitting in the lobby when I arrived at Kamath Medical. I gave her a hug and asked how she was doing.

"I'm here to get some bloodwork done," Mrs. Janice told me with a smile.

Within moments, Rebecca called me back to an examination room.

"I think I hit some scar tissue," my nurse, Rebecca, alarmed and loudly said. "We are going to try the other cheek."

Rebecca told me to call her if I have any complications. Pat handed me my next appointment card as I walked out of the examination room. I was free to head home (if not for a little detour as well).

Can't a Hungry Man Get a Good Omelette Around Here?

http://www.humblejoes.com/

"Where are you going to eat?" my father asked me as he gave me $20.

I've been talking about it forever and I finally got myself another ham and cheese omelet at the Waffle House. I got my usual side orders of extra bacon and extra buttery toast as well.

No comments: