Saturday, October 22, 2016

Wow! I Am Beginning to Like Wal-Mart...

This morning bolstered my spirits somewhat. If you go at the right time that is (and I hope my ladies from Fred's Dollar Store aren't reading or think they've been usurped). I was in Wal-Mart at seven this morning and it was super smooth sailing. I grabbed another gallon of milk and a box of Wal-Mart brand cereal. I hurried to check out hoping there wasn't a mad rush to the cashiers in my absence. It seemed as if the store was just plain dead. I was in and out in 15 minutes with a good parking space to boot.


He's Just Sad Johnny...


"We all get that way sometimes," my mother would say.

Or we're having an existential crisis...

"Except my father!" I would hearken and deadpan back facetiously. "He is always seems bright and cheery!"

A Prozac Moment Brought to You by Lilly Pharmaceuticals...


Dad was worried about me last night. Maggie and I weren't at the door to greet him for the second night in a row and both of us had been sound asleep.

"Are you depressed?" my father asked.

"I think so. Ah, hell! I don't really know," I told my father. "I know that I don't want to get out of the bed most times lately, though."

Dad then gave me a big bear hug and told me I could talk to him anytime if I need to.

No comments: