Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Could You Light Up the Sky? For He is Happy!

http://www.flickriver.com/
I am in an especially uncommonly good mood and demeanor this afternoon. The first thing I did was give Maggie a big bear hug (which she didn't like because of her boundaries and all). Breakfast was a big glass of whole milk and two creme filled doughnuts which about drove Maggie Crazy.

There was also a hard lump in the bed when the Mags and I woke up this afternoon.  It was the old slimy beef bone that I gave Maggie last Christmas Eve. The Magster had found it and dug it back up to accompany her back inside. But why the bed?  My father's going to give a great guffaw over this Maggie antic tonight.

"That's why I don't like pets being in the house," my father has told me several times lately about the vagabond cat that is living with them now.

"What are you going to do when it gets really cold in the winter?" I asked worried about that poor cat.

"I am going to fix her a bed and she can sleep in the garage."

Blessed Be the Yardmen, But Watch Them Carefully...

Speaking of Maggie, today Lopez Landscaping was coming so I was proactive and locked the dog door before bed.  The yard guys left early this afternoon and I let Maggie out after checking all three fence gates in the backyard. Maggie tore out that dog door about as fast as I could open it.

Gotta go pee... And I mean bad!

I am lucky with the Magster as we have never had an accident inside for the eight years I have lived here.  

Plan B...

"What time is Sandra picking you up to go eat?" I asked my mother over the phone later this afternoon.

"6 'o' clock," my mother said. "I will put your sodas on the backseat of my car."

"If Mrs. Sandra can't go then I will pick you up and we will go," I told her.

My mother told me thanks, but she  was unsure she was going to be able to make it herself. She said she was shaky -- a term coined by me and often used when I am having a rough day.

No comments: