Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Hoping For a Banana Pudding Type of Experience? FAIL

I wasted a frivolous $7.99 Monday night on a banana cream pie and it wasn't very good at all. They should more aptly call it a vanilla custard cream pie because I wasn't tasting very much banana flavor. They also tout on the box that they use real bananas in the recipe. My father ate a slice as well in disbelief of my aspersions.

"That's not very good, is it? I know you were disappointed." my father said to me. "I'll get you an Edwards pie when I do my shopping tonight. Meet me at the curb when I blow my horn."

My father has just left after the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual. He had been completely transfixed on the Weather Channel and the television the whole time he was here. Maggie and I were just so grateful to have him over. Especially the Magster.

As you may already know, my mother can only drive to my house or the beautician these days. Everything else is off limits -- especially the always busy Hwy 29. Mom called and wants me to take her to the dentist to get a missing filling repaired in the morning at 8 am. It is imperative that I get some decent sleep tonight so I won't be just wasted in the morning.

5 comments:

glittermom said...

Marie Calandar makes the best pies...more expensive though...they have a really good banana cream pie.

Unknown said...

I agree Glittermom. And if you watch the Kroger ads they put the pies on sale once in a while for $4.99 and you can buy 2! Banana Cream is my favorite. My wife likes the mixed berry.

Christina said...

You can return the pie if you haven't eaten it all.

glittermom said...

You shouldnt return a pie just because you don't like it...

Christina said...

Why shouldn't he?