Sunday, October 02, 2016

You Guys Should Start Up a Fast Food Catering Business...

"They're headed your way," I told my mother over the phone as Charlie and Papa pulled away from the curb leaving my house in the pitch dark of night -- taillights fading in the distance. "Give them about 15 minutes to get there."

Mom really appreciates when I do that -- letting her know supper is on the way. The waiting can sometimes be excruciating for that impatient and impetuous mother of mine.

My father and Charlie were very late tonight -- it was after 9 pm when they arrived. They also had to stop at Kroger and get cat food for my father's newly acquired feline. He has vowed to stay away from stinky wet cat food for dry food. The cat is about as dumb as a box of rocks so she is happy.

"Your mother has called five times worried about that cat's food," my father said with a whimsical tone to his voice.

"What did you get to eat this week?" Martha asked me as we return to a previous conversation.

"I got the jumbo fish platter for the second time this week," I replied.

My mother said that sounded so delicious and that she should have gotten a fish platter herself. We had a little fried fish envy going on there for a moment.

Christmas is Right Around the Corner...

It will be here in a moments notice.  My father has traditionally given me $500, but he cut it back to $250.

I already have Christmas picked out for myself in all its 5 terabyte glory.

  • Designed for creative professionals, gamers and system builders
  • WD's StableTracTM and Dynamic Cache Technology increase reliability and optimize performance
  • 2X DRAM cache up to 128MB (6TB, 5TB only) for faster read operations
  • Industry-leading 5-year manufacturer limited warranty
  • Package includes a hard drive only - no screws, cables, manuals included. Please purchase mounting hardware and cables separately if necessary
  • No comments: