Monday, October 17, 2016

Traversing a Grocery Store Graveyard...


http://www.govtslaves.info/
"Let's take your medications and then we will head out to do some shopping," my father said after arriving at my humble little abode. "Let's don't forget to give Maggie some fresh nibbles and fresh water as well."

I was very surprised about what my father was wearing tonight. The word hypercritical came to mind. He had on a white cotton t-shirt, some sandals, and some khaki shorts. He would tell me I'm wearing my pajamas in public to go shopping if I wore such plebian attire. I was the one dressed appropriately wearing fresh laundered and nice smelling clothes. Some battles are meant to be forgotten, though. Pick and choose your battles wisely as they always say. I am learning to rise above the negativity.

A Derelict Kroger? It Seems to Crumble Around Us...

Kroger was out of everything tonight. It seems they have less and fewer items as we shop as each week passes. I aggravatingly told my father that I would be buying my milk and cereal at the Piggly Wiggly in the morning. Cereal and milk are the cornerstones and a staple for my diet.

"I am going to trust you," my father replied. "Just don't get any Budweiser."

I smiled a devilish smile as my father formed a smile himself and then we continued on with my shopping. You would think Kroger was having a going out of business sale due to the lack of items.

"It's not going to snow, is it?" I asked my father in jest.

Things They Didn't Have Tonight that Were On My List...
  • Unfrosted strawberry Pop-tarts. 
  • No frosted flakes what-so-ever. Not even Tony the Tiger.
  • No whole milk.
  • My chocolate covered Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
  • Mainstream hot dog buns as all they had were yucky reduced calorie wheat buns.
  • No lime Baja Blasts to be found within the store. I had to settle on Sunkist soda.
  • Vienna sausages in the 6 can packs.
Odds and Ends...

I urged my father to venture farther into the store and to help me get me a few items. Maggie gets a clean and fresh paper bowl every night with her kibble. We only had two bowls left. I also wanted some more ketchup and mustard to accompany my hot dogs as well. I sent my father to get those items. I then grabbed a small can of Bavarian style sauerkraut and I was ready to check out.

3 comments:

Summer said...

You need to find out when Kroger restocks and do your shopping that day.

glittermom said...

You need to shop elsewhere.

skinny minny said...

you need to go onto krogers website and complain