Saturday, October 22, 2016

Today's Game Day Game Plan...


My father called and told me he would be over in about an hour or so with my crazy medications and hopefully a bite to eat.

"Give me an hour plus possibly an extra half hour to get there," were his words covering his bases. "I do hope I am not giving you your medications too early."

And more frets followed -- my father sounded like my mother does most days. He didn't want to leave me hungry being so close to grocery day he said.

He was soon heading out to the Auburn game with my brother and a few of my other football fanatic family members. I told him to tell them all that it is very chilly and blustery day -- our first cold air of the winter season has arrived overnight. When I was headed to Wal-Mart this early morning the air could best be described as crisp and invigorating. It has been a long hot Southern summer -- time to turn the page of the annals of our weather.

"Will you eat Chef Boyardee Beefaroni?" my father asked me earlier. "Your mother is sending a big sack of them to you."

Give it to Mickey! He'll eat anything!

"Dad, you know I will eat just about anything except pancakes," I replied and we both laughed.

"Are you going to take care of  Maggie's ritual?" my father asked with furrows forming on his brow.

My father also brought me some delicious lasagna, garlic infused and buttery french bread, and a ranch dressing doused salad. He soon left me headed towards Auburn and my brother's house.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Did I hear a train? 🚉

Summer said...

You don't like pancakes?????

glittermom said...

I had pancakes today..love em!