Friday, October 14, 2016

And Then There Was Chili...Ole...

http://www.chowhound.com/
It was growing close to medication time tonight. My quiet time in front of my computer was disrupted due to the harsh ring of the telephone. I had just connected it back into its socket moments before that. There was still sleep in my eyes after a deep slumber.

"You daddy just left and he is headed your way," my mother told me.

I appreciate these courtesy calls mom gives me about the medication ritual every night.

She also told me she doesn't like it when I unplug my phone during the day as has been my custom for a few weeks now. I told her I would never get any sleep if I didn't. Harrumph!

"I live 5 minutes away and if it is something that pressing then you can come drive over and wake me up!"

I told mom thanks for the call despite all her worries.. I told her I didn't mean to sound rude. Maggie and I took our positions  on the couch looking out the expansive window in the den. We were on look out for Papa. Maggie knows when I do this that Papa is on the way. Maggie was really whining tonight or whinging as the British say.

"How's my midnight crew holding up tonight?" dad asked as he walked across the yard.

I smiled. Maggie let loose a flurry of barking when he said that.

"Your fan club has been waiting on you," I told him. "Doesn't it feel good to be wanted?"

Say No to Pinto...

Wonderful smells were coming from dad's grocery bag in his hands.

"I've got you some chili with no beans just like you like it. I also brought some saltines to eat it with,"
my father told me. "I almost got it too spicy, but you will love it that way."

Now, I've just got to wait an hour for my crazy meds to be soaked in and then I am going to eat. I haven't been very judicious as far as groceries are concerned this week.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Try fritoes in your chili!

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

Hi Andrew, I haven't read your or any blogs in a couple years but i was missing them, yours in particular. I'm happy i found your new location.