Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pork Chops and Steamed Cabbage? Let me get a Knife and a Fork!

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/
YES! My father cooked tonight and brought me a hotplate. I love such surprises! I got two thick cut pork chops, steamed cabbage with a vinegary hot sauce, English peas and carrots, a baked sweet potato, and a whole half-a-pan of creamy and crunchy cornbread.

Dad is very persnickety about his Tupperware containers so I washed them out completely and will give them back to him tomorrow night. If I don't clean them well and give them back to him promptly then this gravy train could end.

I slept until 7 pm and was thoroughly mixed up about it being 7 am in the morning or 7 pm at night. I felt like I was my dear mother reincarnated. She will call me often not trusting her alarm clock and ask what day it is and what's the time, I woke a sleeping computer and the time was what I had hoped for, 7 pm eastern time. I've been shamelessly unplugging my phone every morning and their will soon be protests along those lines.

"Goddamn, answer your phone for a change!" My father will crassly and unsympathetically say.

We then took my medications as a pill fell on the floor and rolled up under the couch. It was a 1 mg Clonopin. Dad and I both got on the floor with flashlights until we found the offending medication. There also another "bonus" Clonopin and I saved it for later unless I have problems falling to sleep in the morning.

We didn't forget the Magster tonight. She had been dutifully gnawing on the bone she dug up in the backyard the other day.  Maggie looked on with much anticipation and satisfaction as I filled her big ceramic water bowl. Dad took care of feeding Maggie and he never gives her enough food which I rectified when my father had left.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Does your dad pan fry his pork chops? I haven't had pork chops for a long time. They have smoked pork chops that taste like ham. Your dad would like that.