Sunday, October 16, 2016

Awake! And Arise From the Dead My Minions...

I was doing some serious sleeping in my pitch black and wonderfully cool house when the Magster went crazy. Does your alarm clock bark? I also call Maggie my proximity alarm with regards to the house and the yard.

I looked at the clock and it was 8:30 pm. We had visitors and I scrambled to get out of the bed. One was a Papa and the other visitor was a Charlie. I struggled to turn on some lights and to let the dynamic duo inside.

"I'm putting on some pants," I told Charlie and my father loudly.

"I got you some more Captain D's." Charlie told me. "Your mother said that you were tired of eating fried chicken."

Dear God! Thank You Martha!

The only reason I kept getting it was because it was easy on Charlie and my father since they all like the fried chicken at KFC. Horsefly also has to have his nightly chicken fingers from that establishment. Mom, the defector from the norm, got her usual Wendy's double with cheese.

Dad and I sat on the couch as he administered my crazy meds. I about got choked (on a Klonopin of all things of course). It also sounded like a construction crew was remodeling the kitchen with all the noise emanating from that room. All of this can send my sensitivities to the edge -- the introverted and reclusive soul that I am.

"I honestly didn't know my kitchen was so dirty," I said to a sympathetic father.

"Charlie?" my father asked with an air of consternation. "Just what in the hell you are doing in there?"

"I am taking care of my friends, Andrew and Maggie," Charlie replied with a harrumph as my kitchen got a compete makeover in essence.

"Fix Maggies food and water," my father loudly told Charlie.

"It has already been taken care of," Charlie replied.

This was just a whirlwind visit of two of my more favorite souls in my life. Dad and Charlie left to go deliver my mother's meal.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Good for your mom! I was tired of chicken 🐓 Sunday and I wasn't even the one eating it every week..fish 🐟 Sounds good to me! 🤗