Wednesday, October 05, 2016

I Don't Mind the Wait...

http://condrenrails.com/
"What are all these cars piled up in downtown for?" my father asked as we sat at a standstill in downtown West Point, Georgia at lunch.

"There is a slow dragging freight train plodding through town," I replied as I perfectly enjoyed the view. "One of the longest freights I have ever watched."

Dad was aggravated about the wait, but I loved getting to see the train. Soon, the freight had passed through downtown and traffic started to move again despite being in a quagmire.

My father and I were headed to Roger's Barbecue across the Chattahoochee to eat lunch.

"Don't let me forget your mother's catfish plate," my father told me.

For the longest time, Rogers only sold their catfish plate on the weekends. They proved to be so popular that they now serve them every day. It is truly some of the best fried catfish I have ever eaten.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Were you and dad hanging out together today?

Andrew said...

Yes we were. It's a love/hate relationship! LOL