Friday, September 16, 2016

A Journeyman's Journal...

https://twitter.com/ladypsych
We had to wait an excruciatingly long time to see Dr. Edwards, my psychiatrist. Finally, they called us back and I was so very relieved. I had been battling with my anxiety for almost an hour fidgeting and wringing my hands. My father gave me a high five as we turned at the corner and headed down the long hall to completion. It was already going on nigh lunch.

"How are you, sir?" I asked my doctor as I sat down in his office.

He has two practices in Mobile and Auburn and said the long travel times can be arduous.

"Think of the prize," I kept telling myself about the two steak biscuits that I would indulge in soon.

Blood Letting...

My doctor wants a full battery of blood tests done. I always wondered why he didn't do this sooner so it wasn't a surprise. Dr. Kern, my old psychiatrist, had my lithium levels checked every month, Lithium and a few other medications I take are very hard on my liver and kidneys.

"I am putting 'The Secretary' in charge of you getting those blood tests," my father told me with a devilish grin and a laugh.

Luckily, though, that I can get my blood drawn at Kamath Medical and not the hospital. I will get this done when I get my Risperdal Consta injection next Thursday.

"Shit head!" I told my father smiling back.

Country Fried Steak Biscuits...

http://biscuitville.com/
I finally got my prize, two steak biscuits, and we headed up the interstate to home. The ex-large Coke was a nice bonus as well, Dad was just absolutely ecstatic that we actually got all that done. He said he had a lazy weekend ahead of him except for the Auburn game. He said the Auburn game would be his therapy.

"It has been a appointment kind of week with your mother and you," my father told me.

He had himself a senior coffee and a sausage biscuit. We both requested packs of mustard to go on our biscuits.

No comments: