Tuesday, September 06, 2016

The Shade Tree Mechanic...

I was watching some YouTube videos about my elderly car this morning. One was how to return my cloudy headlights back to crystal clear again which I watched intently. I also needed some transmission fluid and a rear hatch windshield wiper so I headed to Advance Auto Parts early this morning.

The headlight restorer worked like a charm, but required a lot of polishing and elbow grease. Soon, I had crystal clear headlights again. I can't see good to drive at night (it ended my trucking career) and maybe that will help my vision by brightening up the road in front of me.

My transmission also needed another quart of Honda recommended transmission fluid. I looked for a leak with my flashlight, but I couldn't find one. I might just need a new transmission fluid pan gasket, though, which is a toilsome task for some other day. We'll see how things go with another quart added.

The most convoluted and aggravating thing about this morning was getting that damned demon spawned rear windshield wiper cut to the right length and attached. I said quite a few cuss words in the process. I might even said something blasphemous about baby Jesus.

Back in the Land Where the Flakes Are Frosted...

http://www.foodchannel.com/
I couldn't wait any longer. I had three bags of cereal with no milk to eat them with. I headed to the Piggly Wiggly at lunchtime.

"If you can wait, I am bringing you three gallons of whole milk Wednesday night," My father told me before I left the house.

"I am only getting one gallon to tide me over," I told my father rather cautiously.

He grumbled a little bit and finally said okay.

The gourmet chicken salad I got last night was just superb. I've already eaten two sandwiches. The egg salad I bought is also very tasty.

No comments: