Monday, September 19, 2016

The Grocery Day Extravaganza -- One More Week Passes...

It is amazing how very fast each week passes and they feel like they are passing doubly so the older you get. It seems like yesterday when I wrote my grocery day post for our last trip to Kroger. Dad and I were both lamenting the fact that Paige wasn't working that night. She was probably working the gas pumps instead as she has lately.

One thing I do know is I am getting much more of those Mrs. Grissom's Select salads. Those are just absolutely and delectably delicious -- surprisingly so if you've ever tried the traditional salads in grocery stores. I found them on a whim -- an impulse purchase one week. The only one I've tried that I didn't like is the egg salad. There was a strange and weird taste to it. It just couldn't compete with Johnny Otis's egg salad.

I hope they will have tuna salad in stock this week as I have not tried that yet and I am a tuna salad aficionado. I also want more of that delicious pimento cheese spread and the gourmet chicken salad. All of this will be accompanied by two very soft loaves of Merita old fashioned sandwich bread. Dad is surprised lately that I had defected from Sunbeam to Merita.

"The loaves are softer and fresher and they seem to have less preservatives," I told my father last week. "Try it and I will make a believer out of you."

Lately, my father is hooked on the Nature's Own honey wheat bread. It, too, is a very fresh tasting bread. I just want soft white bread for my salads, though. The Nature's Own also has a "sweet" taste to it thus the honey.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I prefer white bread. I do like bakery bread for its crusty crust. Makes wonderful toast..rye breads good too for ham sandwiches. I can't get use to the taste of wheat bread.