Friday, September 30, 2016

Don't Let Opportunity Pass You By Ms. Maggins...

http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/
"Maggie! Quit barking and get yer little rumpus in here!" I exclaimed tonight out the back door. "Papa here and has just pulled up in front of the house!"

Brrrr... It is chilly tonight and you can definitely tell Autumn is on the way. My little wireless weather station was showing 48° degrees.

Maggie came rambunctiously tearing inside after a long afternoon and evening of barking at perceived nefarious things. She couldn't get to the front door fast enough and slid around every corner into the den. Papa's arrival almost escaped her.

It certainly was a good time to get her little butt inside and get her quieted down. I locked the dog door and rejoined my father in the den. The dog door will only be opened tonight by emergency potty calls. Maggie is in a barking and raising hell kind of mood tonight. I suspect, too, that Maggie is enjoying this cool weather after living with a cold natured Andrew.

It was 10:30 pm when Papa arrived for the medication ritual. Mom said he was throwing a big birthday bash for his computer guy, Matt, and the rest of the pharmacy staff. That was why my father was so late. I refuse to let such trivialities upset me any longer. Mom was trying to organize a little revolt over the phone.

"Let's go get a chocolate shake at Sonic," mom told me. "Then he can experience us being tardy and the other side of the coin."

As my father was leaving, we discussed the medication ritual tomorrow. The Auburn game starts at 3:30 pm our time. I urged my father to bring my medications as he was about to drive down for the game. He might not get home from the game and the resulting festivities until way after midnight.

"We'll talk about it more in the morning," my father said to me.

No comments: