Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Midnight is Right Around the Corner...

I've Got Your Auschwitz and You Can Have Your Birkenau...

http://isurvived.org/
My father just left after the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual. My father took this moment to severely chastise me in that I was leaving too much food on my kitchen counters (It was our Mexican dinner tonight). He didn't give me a chance to explain. He said I was going to get an infestation of bugs or las cucarachas as they say in Spanish. I had to evoke my personal Auschwitz mantra to keep my sanity.

"Just be glad you are no longer homeless," is what I was thinking. "Be thankful for what you have and be thankful for the meal you partook in this evening."

The chicken fajitas were delicious tonight, by the way.

I know it's sheer pacifism, but it works for me. I try to never let  myself stress or sweat the small stuff. I was my father's personal punching bag tonight -- his problems and not mine.. He was just tired and cranky from working 10 hours today. I still love him and always will.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Good detachment my friend. It is his problem and not yours.


:)

amelia said...

Good thinking. It's not always easy to realise that it's someone elses problem when you become the figurative punching bag.