Thursday, September 08, 2016

Set Destination: Kamath Medical...

http://forthemommas.com/
My coffee maker started beeping to alert me that a pot of Maxwell House coffee was ready. The phone also rang as I was pouring another cup of steamy, milky coffee.

"Remember your injection," my father said on the other end. "Glad to hear you up and about already."

"I will see you at the pharmacy around 9am," I told my zealous father.

I quickly ate two unfrosted strawberry pop tarts as Maggie watched on and licked her lips, drank the last of my coffee, and then took a very hot shower. Do you ever feel you can't function until you've had your morning shower? At lot of people feel the same way about coffee. I feel like a brand new man scented of Irish Spring soap and a very nice smelling green apple scented shampoo.

"It is so good to see you getting it together!" my father exclaimed as I walked into the pharmacy. "Take pride in yourself son. You are a nice looking man."

Well, at least he didn't tell me I looked and dressed like a homeless guy today. Accolades are few and far between regarding my father so I soaked up the compliment and held it dear.

The Status of Status Quo...

Kamath Medical was running like a well oiled machine as usual. Pat was handling insurance claims this morning. Lee Ann was at the helm today as receptionist and told me she would sign me in and to take a seat. Moments later, my nurse, Rebecca, poked her head out the door and told me to come on back.

"First door to the left," she said of the examining room. .

Without a doubt, this was the most painful injection than all the injections before in the 8 years I've getting this shot. I didn't tell my nurse that as it would have deeply worried her. Hot poker? Meet Andrew's derrière!

No comments: