Monday, September 19, 2016

I Stayed True to My Plans Despite Kroger's Higher Aspirations...

https://www.youtube.com
Yes, they finally had an Edwards Lemon Meringue pie in stock and not just the 2 serving slices packs. The lemon meringue pies were hiding behind a malingering coconut cream pie tonight.

There is a big taste difference between the two varieties with the whole pie tasting leagues better than the slices -- more true to the original recipe which has been around for umpteenth decades. It is a taste I grew up with especially since Charlie has a terrible sweet tooth like I do as well.


Kroger Say it Ain't So...

Kroger is always out of something you need and tonight was no exception. It was the two 6 packs of Vienna sausages I had on my list. The shelves were bare except that the rest were of the reduced fat variety. Blech! Reduced fat Vienna sausages???  I'd rather eat tofu.

"I've never heard of such an oddity as in having reduced fat Vienna sausages. Get you some potted meat and eat it with some crackers," my father said. "It will be a good substitute."

I already had a bottle of Kroger Louisiana style hot sauce at home to kick them up a notch as my father's and my plan grew to fruition.

Dad walked back into the depths and bowels of the store and brought me back a big pack of Ritz crackers to eat with my two 6 packs of potted meat and the salads as well. He was also walking back with a pack of paper bowls we use when feeding Maggie.

"Thank you for remembering that little detail," I told my father with much appreciation.

Maggie gets a fresh and clean paper bowl for her nibbles and food every day.

2 Out of 3 Ain't Half Bad When Considering Our Kroger...

They had Mrs. Grissom's chicken salad tonight and pimento cheese spread and I bought two each of them both. Sadly, they didn't have the tuna salad I had anticipated. I am going to put  my two Merita loaves of bread to use in a minute and toast two pimento cheese sandwiches in my toaster oven. Let's put that Prilosec "anti heartburn medication" I've been taking this week and then let's put it to the test as it grows near midnight and I have a belly full of such rich and spicy food.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Anxiety? Magnesium deficiency! http://www.livestrong.com/article/449151-magnesium-panic-attacks/

I think it is worth checking it out. If your mother would start taking baths in epsom salts, especially now with this medication reduction, it might have an interesting outcome. Or taking magnesium tablets, but epsom salt baths are more regulating in that you cannot take too much. Your body will absorb what it needs.

Maybe you, too, could benefit from some magnesium.

Just a thought!