Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Carless in the Valley...

Ole! Ole!

It seems my mother is in a similar predicament as I am in. Mom can no longer drive to the Mexican restaurant. She can only drive to my house and to the hair salon. Mom's good friend Mrs. Sandra is picking her up and driving her to the Mexican restaurant tonight and will bring her home. I will be designated driver for everything else.

"Do you think Mrs. Sandra will mind me bringing you your Mexican meal?" mom asked me over the phone.

"You will have to ask her," I told my mother. "Maybe she won't mind as it is less than a mile from my house to the restaurant."

***UPDATE***
Mrs. Sandra just called me and told me she was bringing me supper from the Mexican restaurant tonight.

What a Sad End to a BMW Z3...


http://www.roadandtrack.com/
You don't realize how nice having a car is unless you no longer have it for a few days. I absentmindedly stood up a moment ago to drive to Circle K to get a fizzy drink. I had forgotten my car is at Steve's Car Care. "Shit!" I muttered with a defeated feeling as I fell into the waiting arms of my recliner. I couldn't even go get my sodas mom gives me every day. I still haven't heard anything from dad about what was wrong with my car. 

"Be sure to tell them my front turn signal is out," I told my father last night as I rode with him to Kroger.

These kinds of details escape my father at times as he can seem kind of aloof.

"Gotcha," dad replied as he repeated what I said to him. "Right front turn signal!"

My father recently got a ticket for a headlight being out so I hope he will remember to do this. I don't have the tools to take my headlight out or I would do this task myself.

The Wayward Voyager Returns Home...

I was standing at my freezer getting some ice for a drink when I looked outside my kitchen window and grinned. George was sitting on his porch in his favorite chair with his shirt off. I probably will never find out what happened, but I am sure glad he's home. He is acting like he never left.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Nothing like a mystery....he might be asking for a lift! 🚙