Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Blessings Upon You...Blessings to You All...Let's Break Bread Together...

https://pressurecookingwithlornasass.wordpress.com
My father had cooked this evening and told me not to eat as he was bringing me a good supper.

"Don't ruin your appetite," he told me in warning. "I've got a lot of food for you."

It was time for the medication ritual and then the great escape that is the bed and ultimately deep sleep.

Maggie's snoozing at my feet right now all ready to hit the hay. Maggie has this idiosyncrasy where she has to be touching your foot when she does that. That means she feels more safe, secure and comfortable -- the light in the darkness.

"I forgot your soup!" dad exclaimed -- with a profane word attached.-- walking across my yard. "I had you some hot vegetable beef soup and half a pan of cornbread and I left it at home"

"Quick, let's go get it," my father then said, "And then I have to do my weekly grocery shopping."

"Let me make sure my cigar is completely out in the computer room and we can go get it," I told my father.

I was not about to pass up on Johnny Otis's homemade vegetable beef soup with the recipe courtesy of Charlie's wife, Janice.

We shortly arrived back at my house and my father administered my crazy meds. Maggie got fresh bowls filled with good food and fresh water, The bounty we had so long waited for had arrived.

No comments: