Monday, September 05, 2016

Does a Pound Cake Really Weigh a Pound?

http://foodtree.info/
It was one of those very rare days I needed my medications early. I think the last time I got them early was about two weeks ago. At least I had that fact to my credit. I hope they knew I was not crying wolf just to get my Klonopin.

The first thing I did when I woke up at 3:00pm feeling wonky was to call my mother -- the action activator within the family. The secretary can get some serious stuff done.

"Johnny?" my mother said to my father matter-of-factly while I listened intently over the phone. "Can Andrew come and take his medications?"

I was just extremely lucky in that it was a holiday and my parent's were still home. It would be a very long day mentally without those medications.

Mom said that would be fine and I soon drove over to my parent's house to find Charlie's Caprica in the driveway. You don't know the amount of revelry that occurred within me by my mother's answer. My day was going to be okay, or at least fair to middling.

"We're having some delicious chocolate pound cake Polly made (Charlie's Sister)," Charlie told me. "You have got to try a piece."

Dad said he wan't going to eat a piece as he trying to stay on his diet. Who was the first person in line to get a  piece? Yes, Papa John.

"I just can't pass up one of Polly's chocolate pound cakes," my father said explaining himself.

Tony the Tiger is Back From Exile...

https://www.caloriecount.com/
I have never missed a food as much as I did this past week by not having my frosted flakes and milk. My mother asked me earlier what I was getting tonight and I told her cereal was going to be my mainstay. Each Kroger bag of frosted flakes has 26 modest servings and I buy three big bags and I get 4 gallons of milk to accompany it.

"I swear," my father will say. "You eat like a little kid would eat."

"What else are you getting?" my mother then asked inquisitively as she was living vicariously through me.

"I am getting a fresh loaf of Sunbeam old fashioned bread and some of that new Mrs. Grissom's pimento cheese spread they have at Kroger." I told her. "I am hoping to get some tuna fish salad  and egg salad as well if they keep it in stock."

No comments: