Friday, September 16, 2016

Hey, Sir! You Wouldn't Have Crazy Meds On You? Would you?


http://www.eharmony.com/
Rumor is that my esteemed father is bringing by more delectable vegetable beef soup and grilled pimento cheese sandwiches tonight. Mom and Dad are having that for supper and bringing me the leftovers. I sure hope Pop cooks a big pan of buttermilk cornbread to crumble into our soup. He will most likely do that as he normally does for this meal.

Dad will lollygag around tonight, though, since he didn't have to work today and he will have had time for a few glasses of wine. He has a hard time tearing himself away from the television as well. I expect him around 9:30pm or 10pm and that is a conservative estimate. My mother will say over and over to him.

"Johnny, don't do that to him. Don't make him wait so long. He's expecting you at any moment."

Pardon the Pig...


I just have gotten home from the Piggly Wiggly after buying a whole other gallon of $2.99 whole milk for my cereal. That's five gallons I have drank this week. My checkout experience was less than stellar. I call that guy checking me out "The Mountain Man" cause he looks like he just came crawling out of the woods on the Appalachian Trail somewhere. His beard is not flattering either like a minx stuck to his chin and I didn't even get a thank you for shopping Piggly Wiggly from him. Harrumph!

**UPDATE**  I Love It When I Am Wrong...


I was pretty close with it being 9:30pm, though. Papa came lollygagging along about that time with the smell of Merlot on his breath. Maggie alerted me to his car being at the curb. Maggie and I were on the couch -- both of us were looking out for Papa. Maggie yelped with joy!

My father had also brought a big Tupperware container of vegetable beef soup, half a pan of Mexican cornbread, and two grilled pimento cheese sandwiches.

"Your mother is already asleep and I am fixing to get on the computer for awhile in peace," my father told me.

No comments: