Thursday, September 01, 2016

Vrrroommmm!!!

She's purring like a kitten...

https://www.pinterest.com
Have I told you how nice it is to be back on the road with my fellow crazy drivers? I walked out to my car, turned the key, and my Honda fired to life with a mechanical whir and the sound of throaty exhaust. A big grin formed on my face.

I was thirsty this afternoon so I drove to the Circle K and purchased two 32ox Sobe Citrus drinks. They were heavenly. I savored every sip of the straw. It was nice to have the ability to drive there and the choice once again.

I also grabbed a couple of pickled sausages as well. They've gone way, way up in price. You used to could get a pickled sausage for $1.29. They now cost $1.99. That's a pretty steep hike in price and I almost didn't buy them. I certainly balked! Mr. Moneybags I am not, unfortunately.

The phone was ringing after my short little jaunt down the street. I hurried inside and answered it.

"I will pick you up at 9am in the morning," my mother told me. "Are you sure you don't mind taking me?"

Mom has to sign up for physical rehabilitation tomorrow.

"When I had my broken shoulder and arm ten years ago, you took me every time for weeks of rehabilitation," I told my mother. "Remember that? Now, it's my turn to return the favor."

My Loins Felt All Tingly...

My cable and internet company just started offering a 600 Mbps download speed for $109.99 a month. WANT! I could be nefarious and call WOW! and have it changed. I am in negotiations with my father about it to see if I can afford it with my income currently the way it is. .

"But you have a fast computer!" my father exclaimed undeterred. "You have three of them to be exact!"

I tried to explain the difference between a fast computer and a fast internet connection. Still no comprehende. I guess I should just be grateful for what I have.

No comments: