Friday, September 02, 2016

Reckless, He Is...

What a nice Merlot you have there!

Ain't gonna be no wine until it's time my friend! And now is the time.

I guess my father feels rather compelled to drink some wine today since the pharmacy is now almost closed for the weekend.  There is no danger of them calling him in on a moments notice.

I had driven over to get my six Diet Cokes for the day after a call telling him I was coming over.

"Do you want a catfish plate from Roger's late this afternoon?" my father asked with a little slur to his words.

I had inquired about what he was cooking tonight. He usually cooks supper on his day off.

He got on the floor in front of the coat closet and started to make up one of my soda care packages that is usually my mother's job. She was in the bed and we were whispering while I was over there to let sleeping beauty lie.

"As long as you let me drive, then I will be happy," I told him as furrows of frustration erupted on his brow.

I told my father that he needs to put up a sign that reads "Warning! Obnoxiously Loud Cat!" Dad's little pesky adolescent cat came walking up the steps when I said that and wanted inside.  Or rather she let herself inside.

No comments: