Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Non-Conversationalist...

Rip Van Winkle Has Returned For All His Glory...

I have no excuse for the lack of writing other than I have been sleeping a whole helluva lot of my days away lately. It leaves me with little to say and I kind of lost my muse for a few days there as well. Dad says I am experiencing a depression, but I believe it is just a routine thing which happens to my mother and I. It is just like the weather this time of the year modulating from hot to cool as the seasons try to change. The time change will just about put the proverbial last nail in my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) coffin.

I'd Make a Terrible Telemarketer...

http://gawker.com/

...Please? Just Buy My Product...

Dad was picking on me hardheartedly this afternoon about how hard it is to talk to me on the phone.

"I am not that bad!" I exclaimed while I chuckled knowing it was the truth.

I did relent and said I was very aggravating to talk to at times. I don't catch the normal conversational cues as in what to say now, what to say next, and when to get off the phone. At least, I did keep up with our religion which is college football last night. My father was astonished that I knew what happened on the last play of the game. Auburn won on a technicality and an action replay of the last few moments of the game.

"Your brother, brother-in-law, and I about had an heart attack over that game! Also, I didn't get home till 2am last night so I am worn out today."

He wouldn't miss it for the world, neither would my brother.

The Chuck Wagon is a Coming...

"In about a few hours or three, Charlie Mack and I will be bringing you your Sunday meal." my father told me. "Do you want your usual?"

"Get me what mom gets!" I exclaimed to my father. "I don't think I could stomach another meal of Kentucky Fried and Greasy Chicken."

"Okay," my father said, "I am getting you the Wendy's double with cheese and a large Coke."

The last time I ordered Wendy's it was too salty to eat my burger. Let's hope history doesn't repeat it self.

No comments: