Wednesday, September 21, 2016

SNAFU!!!

https://www.pillsbury.com
"I hate it when your father does that to you! It is just no fair!" my mother angrily said over the phone with a touch of venom to her voice.

Dad was still at home, sitting in his recliner, and talking on his cellphone. It had grown to be past 10pm.

"I would like to complain," I told my mother. "But he sees about me and also bought me a house and car. It would be a case of biting the hand that feeds you if I were to protest." (my Auschwitz Mantra immediately went into effect and was forefront in my mind)

"I still hate it," mom protested again. "It is inconsiderate of you and your needs."

I went back to eating some potted meat, hot sauce, and Ritz crackers when Maggie came running inside after a potty break. to greet my father at the front door. I didn't complain. I was glad to see him. I had actually been very lonely today and relished the human company -- warts, blemishes, and all.

My father also cooked supper tonight and he said he is taking Helen on a run for her money.

"I can cook and clean just as well as Helen," he told me yesterday.

http://www.dishmaps.com/
Tonight, my father brought a big care package of a pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and Vidalia onions. He also had carrot salad as well along with half a pan of cornbread. His final gift was a bunch of slices of vine ripe tomatoes to make tomato sandwiches with. I profusely thanked my father for this bountiful amount of food.

No comments: