Monday, September 12, 2016

Look Out for the Celery on Aisle 5! Bunch of Vegetable Hooligans!

http://www.tankersleyfoods.com/
So, Monday is here again and the circle remains unbroken. It snuck up on me really fast this week. That means another grocery day will soon pass us by. I am getting the same thing I got last week so that shouldn't surprise any of you. I am such a fierce creature of habit. Rinse and repeat!

My biggest worry tonight is to forget my two Mountain Dew Baja Blast drinks. I've stated before that I absolutely love to drink them as I am writing my last journal entry for the day. It's my little bit of instant bliss as I write.

 I ran out of frosted flakes this morning. I was thinking of eating a bowl and then forgot I was out. I felt so deflated. The milk, too, was almost out and I drank the rest right out of the carton and let out a hearty sigh as soon as I finished it.

I also was too cheap and lazy to go buy more food so I ate two toasted mayonnaise sandwiches for lunch. I am holding out for tonight -- I didn't want to spend the last cash in my wallet as well. The only change this week should be I am getting several variety packs of Lance crackers. I've been craving cheese on wheat and cream cheese and chives crackers like crazy today. I also want V-8 vegetable juice but it is too cost prohibitive. Even the Kroger brand is too expensive. I guess I should get a juicer and make my own as I love the stuff with a bit of heat added as in Louisianan style hot sauce.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Question: Do you make a grocery list or do you just wing it and hope for the best?

I hate grocery shopping (or any kind of shopping) so much that I will send my husband out to get what is on my list. He's such a space cadet that he gets things that are 'close enough' to what I asked him to get. Drives me crazy.

Our Walmart just started a service where you shop online, pay with a debit or credit card and choose a pick up time. When you get there, you call to tell them what parking place you are using and they come out and load your groceries in your car!!!!!

suddenly, I love Wal-Mart!!!