Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Charioteer's Chariot is Back in Action...

"I'm coming to get you to take you to get your car," my father said on his iPhone. "Put on some decent clothes."

I chuckled as I dressed for my father's arrival.

"Now, that is not acceptable wear," my father said as he arrived and told me as I walked across my front yard. "That looks like something you would sleep in!"

I had on nice khaki shorts and a bleached and soft white cotton t-shirt which was super comfortable to wear. I also had on bright white socks and my Nike Air Jordans shoes that had been washed in my washer just a few days before.

"Jesus Christ dad!" I exclaimed blasphemously. "We are only going to the mechanic's shop! Those guys will look dirtier than the cars they work on."

My father grumbled some and told me to get in the car. Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly and all that jazz.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Glad you didn't let your father boss you to change. Good for you standing up for yourself.

skinny minny said...

what's wrong with shorts and a tshirt? sounds fine to me... so what was wrong with your car?