Friday, September 09, 2016

Not A Box, But a Boxter...

http://cars.axlegeeks.com/
One of dad's really good friends, JL, was recently diagnosed with advanced stage prostate cancer. He couldn't urinate so he went to doctor and they found what was ailing him -- an enlarged and cancer ridden prostate.. So far all treatments haven't worked very well and the prognosis remains very grim.

I have rarely seen my father cry in my life, but he did when he heard about JL's cancer.

"JL is my buddy," my father said wiping a tear or two from his eyes.

A Journey Spurred On By Friendship...

"I am going down to see JL this morning," dad told me early today about 7am. "You want to come? We'll eat breakfast at the Waffle House out by the interstate."

JL had the biggest TV I have ever seen and it was in utra high definition (4K). There was also a brand new Porsche Boxter convertible sitting in the driveway.

"JL?" you certainly have mighty good tastes when it come to electronics and automobiles."

JL smiled warmly and told me a very heartwarming thank you.

"Take the Boxster for a spin," JL very graciously told me.

The acceleration of that car can best be described as explosive and violent. You hit the gas and you were off to the races. I got to pretend that I was a rich man for the morning.

I've Never Eaten a Waffle at the Waffle House...

http://daily.swarthmore.edu/
"Are you getting your usual?" dad asked me after we sat down in the Waffle House.

"I am a creature of habit and I am going to order a ham and cheese omelette," I said.

Dad told the waitress that he was having what I was having.

"Ma'am? I also want an additional order of toast and bacon," I told the waitress.

Sometimes, I will be adventurous and order two cheeseburgers for an unorthodox breakfast. I am certain that my father would raise his eyebrows at that.

It didn't take but five minutes and our food was on the table -- just as fast as a fast food restaurant and it tastes incredibly so much better.


2 comments:

Jan said...

The TV doesn't do much for me...not a watcher...but the BOXTER???? Oh my goodness, I would love to go for a ride!

diana said...

My Aba has a Targa 4S, I have yet to drive it. It's his third Porsche.
I'm with Jan on the TV, I have a huge Sony 55 inch I rarely watch. (unless it's for hockey)
I'm more of a book reader.