Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Maggin's Mental Illness Advice? A Good Meal and Some Sleep...

And sleep we did... Sometimes, you have trouble quieting your mind to do so, though.

There is no greater love for the Magster when I crawl into the bed in the middle of the afternoon. Here she comes running!

"You know where it be at!" Maggie would exclaim in Southern African American vernacular.

"Come here sweetheart," I told her giving her a good back scratch. "Nice knowing you."

In moments I was sound asleep for a few hours until my father called.

"Do you want some of my pork chops and rice for supper?" he asked.

"HELL YEAH!" I replied.

My father laughed wholeheartedly and told me he would bring me some when he brought my medications tonight.

Mom? Mrs. Martha? Don't Leave Us...

I was looking at the picture I posted of mom driving yesterday. She has aged so much in the past five years. Dad says it is her addiction to Xanax. I noticed she had on nice clothes, make up, a gold watch, and some pearl earrings.

"It can take a toll on your body and behavior," my father said.

1 comment:

diana said...

Why not get your mum some help getting off the Xanax? There are numerous drugs for anxiety that are much safer and not as addictive. You all know she has a problem why wait until something happens? If it were my mum I'd be worried sick.