Wednesday, September 28, 2016

There is Always that First Time...

My father and I had arrived at Steve's Car Care this afternoon. We both prayed they were still open and there were still several people mulling about.

"Do me a favor and take your medications while I am inside paying Steve," my father told me.

At first, I had a deer in the headlights look. "Are you drunk?" I wanted to ask my father. I got in the back of dad's car and finally found that blister pack of crazy meds. I took my allotted amount and put the package back in the trunk. I could have had a Clonopin party! hehe

"Do you realize what you just did?' I asked my father. "You just trusted me to take my medications without supervision."

"Well, you certainly have been acting like an adult lately and I think you need to be rewarded. Just don't wear your sleeping clothes around town."

Dad keeps saying he is going to let me off the leash as far as my grocery shopping is concerned as well, but he has been saying that for months now. I've quite grown fond of him being with me to do that task. It is quite the game to see how much food I can get with the littlest amount of money.

No comments: