Friday, September 09, 2016

Kroger: the Continuing Saga and a Quest for Sustenance...

http://www.ar15.com/
My father was running rather late tonight. I almost started to call him out of worry. He arrived just short of 10pm. Maggie and I both grew excited when my father's car pulled to the curb. Maggie's greetings never grow old. It is contagions as well and I can get in the greeting spirit of things myself.

"I've got the grand kids spending the night and that is why I am so late," my father told me. "I hesitated to leave them alone with your mother as she can be aloof about such matters."

"Would you do me a big favor tonight?" I sheepishly asked my father trying not to wince in the process.

We were sitting on the couch going through the motions of the medication ritual. Earlier in the week we only spent $52 dollars because Kroger was out of almost everything I needed.

"What do you need?" my father kindly asked. "I was just thinking I needed to go get you a fast food meal tonight. I bet you are hungry. You should've got some of those Marie Calender's meals."

My father is transfixed on Marie Calendar's frozen meals.

"Can we run to Kroger to buy me some more food like a few gallons of whole milk?" I asked. "And I only additionally want some Vienna sausages for sandwiches and an Edward's lemon meringue pie."

My father was supposed to get me these items Wednesday night but forgot. I didn't press the issue because my father had to work a whole helluva lot this week. I waited until I thought was the right time to ask.

"Come on," my father replied chirpily and enthusiastically. "Let's feed and water Maggie and I want to get the grand kids some of that Promised Land chocolate milk you got all of us hooked on."

No comments: