Monday, September 05, 2016

We Have Have Been Beseched with a Crappy Kroger...

https://www.walmart.com
"Goddamn," my father crassly exclaimed angrily about Kroger tonight." It never fails that they are going to be out of something in need."

He went to talk to the manager on duty again. My father is not shy when it comes to voicing his opinion. I didn't get that gene from him.

"I will get you an Edward's pie and some whole milk Wednesday night when I do my and your mother's shopping," my father told me when he returned. "Let's give them time to get those items back in stock."

My father insists on us going to Kroger because they stay open so late, he is very in tune to where everything is in the store, and he likes the discounts. That way he also won't get "caught" as he calls it. If I had a choice, we would go to the Piggly Wiggly even though they are only open until 10pm. Kroger closes at 1am.

Kroger was out of three crucial and important items on my grocery list. They were out of Blue Plate mayonnaise (I am going too try Duke's mayonnaise which my ex-wife loved), whole milk, and Edward's lemon meringue pies. That is why my total tally is so low tonight. You can't buy what you can't find and what is not there.

My tally tonight without the pie and other items was $52 dollars. I got two giant bunches of bananas and creme filled chocolate coated Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I also got lots of really delicious sandwich salads like I got last week. I got gourmet chicken salad, egg salad, and gourmet pimento cheese spread. I was hoping to get some tuna salad, but alas, it was nowhere to be found.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

why not make the tuna salad yourself? I get the egg salad...maybe (I hate boiling and peeling eggs), and deli chicken salad can be YUMMY but tuna salad easy peasy to make at home.
our Krogers here are rarely out of milk. Only if there is a hurricane or something do they run out of anything. I would shop elsewhere but kroger is closer and the gas discount is nice.

diana said...

I was going to suggest the same thing. Making tuna salad is easy and you can add what you want. It's also cheaper to make it yourself.
I add different things to mine depending on my mood :-)