Sunday, September 25, 2016

What's a Little Hard Earned Chicken Among Friends?

http://www.vancouverburgers.com/
Mom keeps calling me incessantly on the phone. As soon as I sit back in front of my retro-gaming computer, the phone will ring again. She knows not to call my father as it will get off with him in that she is trying to hurry him up.

"Mom, I know they are running late," I told her. "They should be here in next 30 minutes or so. Just be patient!"

"I'd rather not do this at all," my mother replied bitterly. "They drive me crazy making us wait for so long."

According to my mother they left 2 hours ago.

Just be thankful you have family who cares and are getting you supper... Is what was forefront in my mind. Just sayin...

Fast Forward to 8:00pm...


http://augustine.com/
Maggie started to put up a crazy fuss, barking maniacally, and signaling Papa and Charlie were here. It had gotten very dark by now, the front yard illuminated by a porch lamp, and you could barely see them walking across the front of the yard. They are Maggie's favorite duo around these parts. I was sitting in front of my computer in the back bedroom playing a highly endearing Sega CD game called Popful Mail. I flew into the den to see the Kentucky Fried crew and let them inside.

"We had to wait on them to fry more chicken," Charlie told me with an air of exasperation to his voice as he walked through the threshold of my front door.

Charlie was cussing up a storm in disdain.

"Goddamn, we go there every Sunday night for years," my father said tersely. "You would think they knew we were coming and have plenty of chicken for us."

"Ah, welcome to the world that is filled with fast food logic," I told my father with a hearty laugh.

Dad and I hurried through the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual.

I thought my kitchen was pretty clean, but Charlie found several things to do. Charlie and my father stayed for long enough for Charlie to clean out my freezer and fridge and the inside of my oven.

No comments: