Thursday, September 22, 2016

Do it For the Paws -- Remember the Paws...

Well, I tried to trim Maggie's nails and she went bonkers and all hell broke loose tonight -- she yelped very loudly and went flying out the dog door to escape the evil human that was me.

She finally came out of hiding when my father arrived for the medication ritual tonight. I knew she wouldn't miss that for anything in the world She came flying through the dog door to come and greet my father in my den.

"Damn, I wish your mother would welcome me home like the treatment Maggie gives me," my father said jokingly.

"Don't try that anymore," my father told me when I explained what happened. "We'll get it done when we take Maggie for her annual checkup. Your mother is already talking about and obsessing over her annual visit."

"Don't tell mom we are doing this or a quagmire of problems will result," I replied to my father with much warning, "Caveat Emptor and all of that."

2 comments:

Jan said...

I just took my corgi, Shirley, to get her nails trimmed today. My son did it for a while, but one clip too short and it's all over, they won't let you near them!

My vet charges $15, but there is a groomer 5 minutes from the house that does it for $5. We go there and I tip the groomer another $5 for removing a stress from my life!

amelia said...

Jan, I do the same thing. I did one nail too short on one of our dogs now i can't get near her. Our groomer charges $6 and does a fantastic job. I tip her very well too. I usually give her a twenty and tell her to keep the change because it's so worth it to me!