Friday, September 02, 2016

We Must Rehabilitate, Refuel, and Regain Focus....

https://www.yelp.com
"You sure you don't mind doing this?" mom asked as I sat down in the drivers seat and gathered my all my wits to drive.

It was a quarter to nine o' clock. I cranked the car and we sped away from the curb headed for a nine o' clock appointment.

"I don't mind at all. We'll go get us a brunch breakfast at the Waffle House when you are finished," I told my mother to further sweeten the pot.

It would give us something to look forward to I had hoped. We would make this an event and not a chore.

"Oh, that sounds so good!" my mother exclaimed. "I am glad you thought of that."

Mom's first rehab session took about an hour to complete. I was glad to see my mother walking out to the car finished for the day. I had been spending my idle time perusing and reading some Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman magazines I had stuffed into my backpack.

"I think they might just be able to help me," my mother told me.

Mom and I both got the ham and cheese omelette platters. I ordered an extra portion of buttery toast and crispy bacon as is my custom for this meal.

I only want one extra thing," I told my mother as we drove back to my house up busy Hwy 29. "I want two Mountain Dew Baja Blast drinks from the Circle K.

We stopped at the Circle K below my house and I actually purchased three drinks which was $4 bucks and some change. When did 20oz sodas get so expensive?

No comments: