Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Poked and Prodded for Posterities Sake...

http://pearlandanimalhospital.com/
Can I have some cheese with that whine?

My father just called me and said my injection was tomorrow and then I have to get my bloodwork done for my psychiatrist afterwards. It was not what I was expecting tonight after a long nap this afternoon, I feel suddenly and abruptly jarred awake -- any semblance of rest whisked away.

"I've already talked to Pat at Kamath Medical and she is going to take good care of you," my father told me. "She said she would get you in and out with no pain and no fuss."

"That's what I like to hear," I told my father sleepily and somewhat relieved. "And I hope Rebecca (my nurse) is there tomorrow as well."

It is the extensive and oppressive waiting that gets to me the most. As I wait, I will increasingly feel the anxiety welling up inside of me. There is a fight or flight moment where I may just get in the car and drive home. That last part of the previous sentence is what scares my father the most.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Don't you have to fast for 12 hrs before a blood test...just water allowed.

Andrew said...

If you do have to do that, then no one told me. Let's hope not.