Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Life in the Internet Fast Lane...

OMG!
https://gigaom.com
Oh, I am loving life right now. This is my little slice of Prozac pie. So this is what it is like to be in the internet fast lane? I hope I don't get a ticket from the internet police.

The internet generation rejoices! Everything seems so crisp and zippy! Browsing the internet has never been this fast and so much fun. Everything is almost instantaneous. I had to do some serious negotiations to get this speed ala Papa. He said I should be happy with 30 Mbps. 30 Mps is a long way from 600 Mbps let me tell ya and it puts that slower speed to shame.

Apple Computers always has lightning fast servers and they are a good place to start. It took me 5 seconds to download 20 songs I had cued a moment ago -- a bunch of old Kenny Rankin tunes that I enjoy. Downloading iTunes was also as fast as ever -- beyond my imagination. Sayonara cable, but I think I can get all my favorite TV shows streaming on the internet these days.

No comments: