Friday, September 02, 2016

Who Stole My Mojo?

http://www.jasoncouponking.com/

Gah, I feel like something the cat threw up twice. This is not one of my better days. I feel a bad headache coming on and I am ravishingly hungry -- trying not to eat before taking my crazy meds which were last taken 24 hours or so ago. I assume my father is going to bring my fried catfish plate when he arrives for the medication ritual. He never called me about it. Please let there not be anything good or decent on television tonight. It will hurry his arrival.

Change of Plans and A Change of Venue...

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/
My mother usually calls me to tell me my father is on the way with my medications. It is a very nice courtesy of hers and I try to reciprocate when I can. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to drive to my house.

Well, mom called me tonight and said my father would arrive shortly. She saw his car pull out of the driveway headed for my humble abode.

I waited and waited and there was no Papa. Dad had gotten stuck in a crazy backed-up McDonald's drive-thru trying to get me up a little supper. He brought a double quarter pounder with cheese, a large fries, and an extra large Coke.

"I never got around to going to Roger's," my father said apologetically. "I thought I would get you your favorite hamburger."

I gave the old geezer a big hug while Maggie vied for his attention as well. Dad was still admonishing Maggie for escaping from our fence.

Something is Stirring Next Door... Hope and a Homecoming?

Some workmen were cleaning up George's carport and laundry room late today. They carried the broken laundry room door out to the side of the road to be picked up by the city and then they straitened the laundry rooms walls. George's ex-wife came and got his Dodge van and parking her dilapidated car to the side of the driveway. City utilities came and turned off the water as well until it can be fixed.

No comments: