Monday, September 26, 2016

The Day Of Wayward Cars...

George's Chariot Rides Again But With the Wrong Charioteer...

They came and got George's car today which was certainly an ill omen. It was an elderly man with a silver mane driving George's ex-wife's car. She jumped out, cranked the car, and drove off. There was no sad fanfares or goodbyes. I stood outside in the blazing sun fooling with my car as they drove off. It was a terribly melancholy moment for me. Nobody said hello or what was going on. I guess it is truly none of my business. I do know that George loved his car.

My CR-V is Unpleasantly Down For the Count...

I am having car battery and car cranking problems again. Dad and I drove it back to AutoZone to test the battery and the alternator. They said everything should be working fine.

"There is certainly something not working right!" my father exclaimed and scoffed. "Those Goons at AutoZone don't know what the hell they are doing."

I had to relent and agree...

Dad suggested we then take it to Steve's Car Car in West Point and let him look at it. They recently fixed Dad's Honda as the automatic locks on his passenger's side stopped working. They had to order a servo and Steve got him fixed up one more time.

"We need a second opinion," is what my father told me.

"We have a dead battery," my father said to the proprietor soon after arriving at Steve's. "Can you get us straightened out?"

"We will do the best we can," a filthy and dirty clothed mechanic replied. "I probably will get to it this afternoon."

I saw a whole rack of different sizes of brand new batteries on the wall which was a very good sign.

No comments: