Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A New Day Most Certainly Dawns...

http://www.azcentral.com/
I was a strange and weird little kid. I used to worry all the time that our nuclear sun would soon run out of fuel and cease shining brightly. It would mean the end of the earth and the certain end to humanity. I hope we go out in a grand supernova as our swan song.

I was also worried about jet contrails being nuclear ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles) from Russia signaling the start of World War Three.

"Oh those are just commercial aircraft," my father would tell me blithely.

I was talking to my father about this while we were buying groceries last night. We swapped our greatest childhood fears as I was putting bananas in my cart.

"Well, I used to think when momma and papa left in the car, I would never see them again," my father told me. "That was scary for a child like me -- thinking they would die in a car wreck. I would be stuck with Auntie Myrtis and she couldn't even drive."

The Sun Still Shines On Me One More Day...

I felt a cold, wet feeling in my left hand this morning around 9am. Yes, the earth was still turning like the countless millennia before it and each day is a gift. It was Ms. Maggins nuzzling my hand and trying to wake me up.

"Okay, enough of this sleeping business. I am lonely and hungry," Maggie seemed to impart.

Maggie was persistent about it being time to crawl out of the bed. It was my fault, I stayed up way too late reading a book mom gave me that I just can hardly put down. I am fixing to go curl up in my Laz-E-Boy and finish reading that book.

I had a very unorthodox breakfast of potted meat, Ritz crackers, and dollops of hot sauce for breakfast despite having plenty of breakfast foods. I did fix Maggie two eggs microwaved with no miscellaneous additives. She was a very happy dog and about couldn't wait until they had cooled. I just wish she would eat it slower to where she could actually savor and enjoy it.

Virtual Reality and the Gaming Scene...


http://www.digitalspy.com/
VR is the next big thing to hit the gaming scene. Look at the Vive headset above. That thing would drive me crazy. Sudden vertigo. With a price tag for the headset alone being a lofty $799, it better be able to perform some awesome stuff!

Personally? I think it is just going to be another fad to contend with. All the gamer types are going to buy them, then no new games will be developed for the obsolete system in a few years. That said, I still find the technology interesting, fascinating, and wish it the best.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Yes $799 this year, the Christmas craze, then the price will start dropping. Remember how costly the Sony Beta Max and then flat screen TVs?

I sometimes babysit for my grand dog Henry. I give him treats while he is here and he gobbles them up. My son tells me that dogs will eat until they get sick.