Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Think Twice, Look Thrice...

I was asleep in my lazy boy with Maggie's huge mass on my lap when I heard mom's car's horn blow loudly outside. Maggie flew out of my lap to look outside. I looked at the clock on my wall. 7:00 pm. Right on time.

"I can't believe she drove after all that we've been through with her!" was what I was thinking as I stood up to go outside. I felt like an angry parent with a petulant child.

I walked out the front door to find Mrs. Sandra at the helm of mom's car.

"Mrs. Sandra!" I exclaimed jovially. "I thought momma had driven when I heard her car horn!"

Sandra just laughed and laughed.

"We fooled ya!" she said laughing even more.

Lunch Lady Land...  Is also what I was thinking!

Sandra handed me my olfactory pleasing Mexican meal and took my mother home to get Sandra's car. Mrs. Sandra is a bonafide lunch lady. She was supervisor for a local school's lunch room for years and years and retired.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir!

I am delighted to hear that George, your neighbor is back!!! I would strongly suggest giving him a visit so you can chat with him.

PipeTobacco